quarta-feira, 30 de maio de 2007

Used yarn


Used yarn, originally uploaded by Natália Tricô.

These socks are special.
The yarn used to do these socks was ripped out from old samples from an old lady that is always saying me to improve my skills and go on by myself.

In my Boarding School (Lar Santa Isabel) my first socks were done with ripped yarn from old clothes (coat, socks…, I was eight years old.
My country didn’t have at the time many materials and we had to manage to work out everything we had. Nothing was thrown away.
And our play games were all invented by ourselves. Old tickets become a play set of cards. Stones become a house with anything you could imagine.
Recycled at the time, in my Boarding school wasn’t a word we knew but we did it.
We join together the papers to sell.
Old clothes when they were really old become cloth to clean the dust.
The wood from vegetables box becomes furniture (bookshelves, banks…)

Sem comentários:

Good Christmas